The Melting Pot – Terms And Conditions
THE MELTING POT IS OWNED BY MURDOCH BOOKS PTY LTD (“WE, OUR, US”). THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE WEBSITE.
- The use of and registration to The Melting Pot (“THE WEBSITE”) is deemed acceptance of the Termsand Conditions of use set forth below. The user (“YOU”) additionally agrees to follow all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations.
- During registration you are required to create a password. You agree to maintain the confidentiality of your password, and are fully responsible for all liability and damages resulting from your failure to maintain that confidentiality. Your further agree to notify us of any unauthorised use of their password or any other breach of security.
- You must not hack, damage or perform any other activity that may negatively affect, detrimentally
interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information on the
website. You must not perform any activity to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer
software, hardware or telecommunications equipment related to the proper function of the website.
- Submission of content to the website is open to Australian permanent residents over the age of 18 years only.
- You freely assign to us exclusively all existing and future right, title and interest in your Intellectual Property that: (a) arises from or relates to your work for us (including the Work); or (b) is otherwise used by us with your consent, regardless of whether that Intellectual Property is or will be wholly or jointly created or owned by you. All such right, title and interest in the Intellectual Property vests in us now, if it currently exists, or will automatically vest in us upon creation (if it is yet to exist). “Intellectual Property” means any and all past, present and future intellectual and industrial property rights and includes, without limitation, any registered or unregistered forms of copyright (and rights allied or related to copyright and any renewals, reversions and extensions of copyright), designs, patents, trade marks, service marks, domain names, good will and any commercial information (including know how and confidential information), any application or right to apply for registration of any of these rights, any rights protected or recognised under any laws throughout the world related to the above or any similar laws, and anything copied or derived from such property or rights and includes any such chose in action arising from or relating to the above. If you are a company, you must ensure that you have acquired all necessary Intellectual Property from those people who work for you and might otherwise have Intellectual Property in the Work. You warrant that the Work you carry out for us and our use of your Work will not infringe the Intellectual Property rights of others.
- You consent to us (and our licensees and assigns) using your Work in any manner and in any medium that we may choose. In particular, you consent to us (i) identifying you as the author or not identifying you (or identifying someone else) as the author; (ii) modifying, adapting or deleting all or part of the Work including for publication in different formats and media (for the sake of clarity such use includes publishing in print and digital media, including eBooks and interactive media, promotion and publicity for the book, or us editing and adapting the Work); and (iii) using the Work in different contexts including in our products or promoting and publicising us or our products. In this clause, if you are a company, “you” includes a reference to those people who carried out the Work and you undertake to obtain the consent above from those people.
- All submissions entered as part of a promotion as advertised on the website and for the website, will be judged by panel for creative merit and chance has no part in the competition result.
- We reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of submissions and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tamper with the entry process. Failure by us to enforce any rights reserved to us at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- We reserve the right to display or not display submissions on the website.
- You have the ability to add content in the form of images and text-based recipes. We do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of the content you provide and do not have any obligation to monitor this. You agree that you, and not Murdoch Books, its affiliates or licensers, are solely responsible and liable for any submissions you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available to The Melting Pot including any loss or damage to The Melting Pot or others who may suffer as a result of or in connection with any such submission to The Melting Pot.
- All photo submissions are deemed to be owned by the entrant, and that the entrant has express rights to publish the photo publicly online. We do not take responsibility for any images that infringe copyright.
- You will not submit obscene, graphic or pornographic material. Users that submit any such material will have their registration to the website revoked, and we will exercise any action that is deemed necessary to address the transgression, including but not limited to referring the material to Australian police authorities.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- Winners of any promotions/ competitions advertised on the website and for the website will be notified by email as provided by the entrant.
- Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Terms and conditions of the prize for the best entry of any competition/ promotion on the website for the website:
- The Prize/s will be sent via post to the postal address nominated by the winner.
- The Prize/s may be redeemed by the Winner only. No relative, partner or friend of a Winner may claim any part of a Prize/s, nor may the Winner transfer any part of a Prize/s to any other person.
- The Prize/s is not redeemable for cash.
- If for any reason the winner/s do not redeem an element of the prize/s at the time stipulated by us, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
- If the prize/s is unavailable for any reason, we, in our discretion, reserve the right to substitute the prize/s.
- Prize/s, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.